Here are today’s updates regarding the Covid-19 pandemic in the UK and around the world.
- The number of people who have died in UK hospitals after testing positive for Covid-19 is now 16,060, a rise of 596 from yesterday.
- In the UK, 372,967 people have now been tested for coronavirus. Of these tests, 120,067 were positive.
- Cabinet minister Michael Gove has said it is too early to lift the UK lockdown. During an interview on the BBC’s Andrew Marr show, Gove also said Prime Minister Boris Johnson did not attend five Cobra meetings at the start of coronavirus crisis.
- A delivery of 84 tonnes of personal protective equipment from Turkey, due to arrive today, has been delayed
- Last night, the One World: Together At Home concert saw over 100 global artists perform from their homes.
- The government has said pupils across England will have free access to laptops and online classes as the UK lockdown continues.